Diligent. Focused. Dedicated. Compassionate.

  1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Motor Vehicle Accident
  4.  | Motor Vehicle Accident FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions About Motor Vehicle Accidents

At Raul “Rudy” Rodriguez, PC, we are dedicated to serving others within our capacity as lawyers. We devote our knowledge and skills to help people recover financially, physically and spiritually after they have been injured in traffic accidents.

Answering questions is a large part of our service to potential clients and existing clients. Contact us to ask unique and personal questions about your accident in a free initial case consultation. Below, we offer examples of questions that many people ask us.

What Should I Do After A Car, Truck Or Motorcycle Accident?

Here are some things you can do to help yourself immediately after a crash:

  1. Move your car to the side of the road to prevent any more crashes if possible.
  2. Check to see if anyone in your car or anyone else (maybe a pedestrian or bicyclist) was injured; call 911; get a medical evaluation as soon as possible if you were injured.
  3. Take pictures of injuries, the crashed vehicles and the scene of the accident.
  4. Get names and phone numbers of people who saw the accident happen.
  5. Give basic information to first responders and your insurance company but do not answer detailed questions before you get legal counsel.
  6. Contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible to ask for a free consultation and learn about your rights.

I Am Worried That The Car Accident Was Partially My Fault. Can A Personal Injury Lawyer Still Help Me?

First, we feel compassion for you after a crash that has changed your life. Remember, you may still be in shock. Secondly, we recommend that you discuss details only with a lawyer.

Do not tell your family, friends, doctors, the police or insurance company representatives your opinion about who was responsible for the accident. Instead, ask for a free consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys.

In a confidential conversation with a lawyer, we will listen to your story and explain your rights. If you choose to work with us, we will conduct a detailed investigation to discover the true causes of the accident. You will not owe legal fees unless you recover monetary support with our help.

What If The Driver Of The Truck Or Car That Hit Me Was From Mexico Or Was Not Insured?

Don’t try to be your own lawyer, please! An experienced attorney can find out background information about anyone who contributed to the accident.

Maybe another driver did not have valid or adequate insurance. If so, we will work hard to get you the help that you need. For example, your own car insurance (or the car insurance of a family member who lives with you) might include uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage.

We will look for all possible ways to help you recover financially. We will also pay close attention to your physical, emotional and spiritual condition. We will professionally help you in all ways that we can.

I Was Injured In A Traffic Accident While Working. Am I Eligible For Workers’ Compensation Benefits?

You may be able to collect benefits through your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. However, it might not be enough money to help you adapt to life after a serious injury. That is an important reason to work with a personal injury lawyer.

If we represent you, we might bring a lawsuit against another motorist – a third party who is not your employer – and get more compensation for you that way. We can help coordinate your workers’ compensation case and a third-party liability claim. Our goal is to help you recover as much financial support as possible.

Can I Get Legal Help In Spanish At Your Law Firm?

Yes! We speak Spanish and English. Bienvenido o bienvenida. We are ready to give you information in the language you best understand.

How Can I Get Answers To Questions About My Motor Vehicle Accident?

We invite you to call Raul “Rudy” Rodriguez, PC, at 956-329-7170 or send an email message. We are here to answer your questions during a free initial case consultation at our Edinburg office. We hope for the opportunity to help you recover compensation after an injury in the Rio Grande Valley or elsewhere in Texas.

Hablamos español.